Hyrish Health: Ladies, here are 5 mistakes you make when masturbating
When it comes to masturbation, you might think it is unlikely that you are making mistakes, seeing as it’s your own body you are working. But often times, the little things you do (or don’t do) can be the difference between an explosive, satisfying, orgasmic experience as opposed to one that leaves you feeling flat and sexually frustrated.
Check out the top 5 ways you might be masturbating wrong.
1. Putting all focus on the clitoris: Without question, the clitoris is the star of any masturbation show. But there are plenty of other body parts packed with super-sensitive nerve endings that you can work into your routine. Use your hands to stimulate the nipples, vaginal lips, and G-spot for a more intense experience.
2. Restricting your thoughts: So many women feel guilty about their fantasies and stifle their imagination, even when they’re all riled up. Try to remember that your fantasies are just thoughts, she says. It’s perfectly normal to think about about scenarios, people, and activities that you wouldn’t want to explore in real life. It’s time to let that mind wander for a better experience.
3. Not setting the mood: If you’ve only got five minutes, charge ahead. But if time is on your side, creating a sexy and relaxing atmosphere can intensify your pleasure potential. Put on your favorite perfume or body cream, light some candles, or wear fabrics that feel sexy, like lace or silk.
4. Skipping the lube: You wouldn’t want to get naughty with someone else if you were bone dry, so it doesn’t make sense to get have some self-time without getting a little wet either. And since you’re alone, it’s the perfect time to experiment with new types of lube. You can try it out before committing to it with a partner.
5. Avoiding porn: Maybe the only X-rated flicks you’ve seen made you want to throw up a little. (Yep, there’s some scary stuff out there.) However, there’s a wealth of female-focused erotica that hones in on foreplay and penetration, and won’t make you want to cover your eyes. You can also grab a sexy book or throw on a steamy TV show.